Monday, January 29, 2007

Mt. San Jacinto 10,804'

So I went on a hike today. I hadn't actually planned on climbing Mt. San Jacinto for the 7th time, I just kind of started walking that way. Accessed via the Devils Slide Trail so 16 miles round trip with an elevation gain of 4,324'. 5hrs up and 3hrs down. Slow going at times because of the snow and ice. Used instep crampons most of the way up and all the way down. Due to the time and the cold I didn't stay on the summit very long. Thermometer showed 34 degrees and it was windy too. Not really any good pictures from this trip. It was too cold to stop and get the camera out. I made it back to the truck just after dark so it ended up being a long day. But a good day nonetheless. Here's some pics:





Driving









Suicide Rock with the Diamond Valley Reservoir in the back.









I can't remember ever seeing a coyote in these mtns.







I like Albertsons "PoorBoy" sandwiches!




Looking down on Palm Springs/Coachella Valley









Towards Temecula

3 Comments:

Blogger kolorado said...

nice

7:27 PM  
Blogger they call me... tim said...

thanks krazy kolorado, you so kool.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a really good sandwitch

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home