Wednesday, January 10, 2007

So this is one of those many times when I want to post something but I don't really have anything to say. Nothing too exciting is going on. I've been looking into a security system for my house. I'm always waiting for the morning when I come home from work and find my computer and camera and b bed gone. This is on my mind even more now because on Monday two of my neighbors houses were robbed. And not only that but one of the neighbors was home and had a knife put to his throat. That's a pretty big deal for small town T-mec. My house sits empty for such long periods it would be nice to have some sort of peace of mind...
I'm looking forward to this storm that will be hitting the Southland tomorrow and Friday. They're saying the snow level may get down to 900'. That should be very fun...
Here are my currents:
Soundtrack: Mazzy Star - ''Fade Into You", The Corrs - "When the Stars Go Blue" (although I like the Tim McGraw version too, I like this one more), Eric Clapton - "Wonderful Tonight", Phil Wickham - "Shining", Chris Tomlin - "How Can I Keep From Singing" (although this is a CT song I really like the way it's sung by Romolo at CCM), Josh Turner - "Would You Go With Me?", Sara Evans - "Suds in the Bucket", Jason Morant - "We Lift You Up".

Books: Donald Miller "Searching For God Knows What", occasional reading in Wayne Grudem's "Systematic Theology", just finished the 3rd book in "The Last Jihad" series by Joel Rosenberg (very good and exciting) and I'm at various completion levels of about a dozen other random books.

Bible Reading: verse-by-verse through the Psalms, Romans and Exodus (not as consistent as I would like, pray for me)

Podcasts: John Piper, National Geographic Video Shorts, The Onion Radio News, Wild Chronicles

Mileage: zero

Upcoming Travel: nothing planned

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Sorry I don't have much to write about.



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy, your 'hood seems rougher than ours.
t-mec should be renamed crazytown.
glad you and your homefront are fine even though you lie about the great race where i completely humiliated you in front of the whole brigade.
desi

5:42 PM  
Blogger they call me... tim said...

Yeah, I thought I left all the craziness back on calle del lago. I thought when I traded the ghetto for the 'burbs all that stuff was behind me... and if memory serves, the entire brigade wanted to elect me to admiral and have me officiate at the pine wood derby. so there, poor sport.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the neighbor? Is he ok? That's nuts for Temecula.
You boys should really stop fighting about the race.
~Rose

10:10 PM  
Blogger beckwanda said...

it was renamed crazytown after we moved back. hi............tim.
i say we have a race-off.
ok, sorry rose.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Aaron Calles said...

Tim, next post, be more meaningful. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but I think they are the faithful wounds of a friend...

8:16 PM  
Blogger they call me... tim said...

what would you define as meaningful? fat german kids singing?

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tim,
i'd have to agree with aaron here....i need something more meaningful than you ever seem to offer me.
by the way, the fat german kids singing response was way out of line. you absolutely attack any post with overweight people in it to hide the fact that you are a chubby chaser (maybe you guys haven't seen tim's bumper sticker "no one under 250"). just come out and admit it, it's ok and not a sin.
lastly, the last study i read put out by m.i.t. showed that race losers are 5 times more likely to be chubby chasers than race winners, so this is totally normal.
nothing but love,
desi

7:46 AM  
Blogger they call me... tim said...

Why would the Massachusetts Institute of Technolology be doing a study on human behavior? Are you sure you have your facts right? The last study I read by the Massachusetts Office of Retarded Observations N'corporated (MORON) said that race losers (such as yourself) are 5 times more likely to be compulsive liars...

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home