Monday, December 25, 2006

The Black Hills Trip, Day 4 continued

So Day 4 was a long driving day. All in all about 7,000 miles. I left the highpoint and headed southwest. Next stop: Devils Tower National Monument in Wyoming. I used some of the lesser highways and ended up cutting the corner of Montana through some really beautiful ranch land. Lots of wildlife including some deer and antelope that were playing, cows and even a red fox. Also an old church with nothing around for miles. It was a nice drive. Anyway, got to Devils Tower and walked around it. Very, very cool. And even though the weather wasn't that great there were still climbers on it. It would be really cool to climb. If I knew how. I continued driving as the weather got worse and it began to snow a little. I really like weather. Probably because I'm not used to it. Spent the night in Cheyenne and headed back towards Denver the next day. (and I realize some of the pictures are crooked but I don't feel like editing them so cry me a river and get used to it heckler)





The church in the middle of nowhere.

































Devils Tower. You can just make out a climber middle left (white helmet) and a few more near the top.



















The base.
















The drive to Cheyenne.









Cheyenne at night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the church photo is quite crooked. this is becoming a problem, yes?
desi

4:07 PM  
Blogger they call me... tim said...

fine! if you don't like the crooked pics then look at someone elses blog jerk!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home