Friday, January 05, 2007

The Truth

So some people may be aware that there has always been a certain point of contention between myself and one Desmond M. Starr Jr. You see, when we were in the 3rd grade we met at Boys Brigade, which I think was supposed to be like a Christian version of the Boy Scouts or something. Anyway we met there after Desi's dad forced him to come talk to me. He had to be forced because I was so intimidating. Now BB was held in the gym at RCC and at some point one evening Desi and I ended up challenging each other to a foot race across the gym floor. Not really a big deal until you remember that we were in the 3rd grade and such a race was of great importance. It would prove for years to come who the dominate partner in the friendship would be (just a casual glance at the years to follow proves the winner). This is where the point of contention comes in. For some reason, probably because of all the self-esteem brainwashing he got from the public schools and being allowed to watch PBS, Desi has come under the delusion that he won that race. He has gone so far as to tell the story to others with such grandeur and flamboyance that some people have also been persuaded to believe he won. I'm here to tell you that is simply not true. And I have proof. I present to you photographic evidence that I clearly was the leader. That's me in the Levi's and white Pro-Wings. Notice that not only is my planted foot ahead of his but I am also well into my next step whilst he lazily completes his last. Now some may argue that this picture wasn't taken at the finish line and Desi may have gotten a second wind. Well that's a load of hooey! I was there and I saw what happened and I see no reason for further discussion or debate. The evidence has spoken. Thank you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it certaintly does look like you are ahead, but I wasn't there -thank God!
~Rose

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a liar and a cheat.
we are about halfway through the race at this point and if i remember correctly i was catching up to you at this point after your false start. i went on to win this race by a half step despte your cheating.
more comments to come.
desi

1:18 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

You obviously won Tim. The evidence is pretty clear. Especially after considering your dominating personality whenever Desi is near you. There's no question in my mind. It's possibly why Desi has decided to move so far away. He's tired of playing 2nd fiddle. Can you really blame him?

5:20 PM  
Blogger beckwanda said...

what was that thing i read somewhere about the first being last and the last being first???

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, I do believe this is in fact a photo of you opening a can of whoop on Desi. Although I cannot see the faces of those in the battle for passage into manhood.
I could recognize that girly, sissy-boy run of Desi's even in a blurry old photo from the 80's. Congrats goes to the winner of that foot race and to the proven better man.....TIM.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home