Wednesday, February 21, 2007

...

not too much going on... work alot... work tomorrow... and saturday... then i get 6 whole days off! Mason and Helena invited me to go snowboarding on tuesday. that should be interesting. i'm glad it's going to storm again the next few days. i like weather. hopefully the snow will hang around until tuesday.

"why does he smile when he wants to frown? why does he stiffen when he wants to melt? maybe one day he won't. maybe one day he'll break down and have a flood of words that explains why and what he feels in response to what you do. and he'll draw you in and wrap you in his words."

in the 2 weeks i've been a member of LAfitness I've gone a total of 2 times. not that i don't want to go more. i haven't had alot of consecutive days off and on the one-days i have little motivation to do anything active. and of course by not going and excercising i just feel more unmotivated and blah so the problem just compounds. but it's a nice place. i'd like to start swimming laps and playing racquetball. i run every once in awhile but my formerly sprained ankle still occasionally hurts and dissuades me. coincidentally, escondido just had another fire in the same building where i sprained my ankle, and another firefighter fell in the very same hole in the floor and broke a rib.

here is a picture of our aerial ladder on a recent fire. now that i'm assigned to the truck again, hopefully this will be me soon.














"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever." Ps 30:11-12




"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these" Matt. 6:28b-29


i like the name lily. it's a good name.

14 Comments:

Blogger Starrs In Denver said...

Don't sprain your other ankle out there! Have fun snowboarding. I'm going back to skis next year and will go with my folks 4 or 5 times. Don't know if Desi will stay with the snowboard or not. I just perfer staying upright and since it's been over 6 years since I went last, I know my butt would be in the snow a LOT. So, one tip from me...don't be afraid to fall-cuz you will and make sure your pants are waterproof.
~Rose

8:11 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

I like TULIP better. ;)

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tim, I would love copies of those photos of us in Death Valley..do you have any?

Erin T.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Starrs In Denver said...

hey erin t,
what's up with death valley? how come i wasn't invited?
tim said that you specifically said i couldn't come.
what's the deal?
desi

12:48 PM  
Blogger Starrs In Denver said...

timothy,
what is that quote in the middle of this post and was it supposed to make me cry?
desi
btw, 2 of the pics were fairly straight. GOOD JOB!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Desi, that is true I did say I didn't really want you tagging along, that and there was no room in the truck.
You are right about the pictures, they do look somewhat straight.

Erin T.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Starrs In Denver said...

erin,
you are lucky that i am not in california right now because i would fight you and that husband of yours too...to the death. so, count your blessings.
desi

11:49 PM  
Blogger they call me... tim said...

rose - i'll be careful, i'm looking forward to the snowboarding although i know i'll fall alot.
brad - ccbc told me tulips are bad for me.
erin - i can get you copies of the pics. i didn't even know you guys were still alive.
desi- why do you always have to bring so much bitterness and hate-speech to the comments? huh?
and it was just a piece of a poem i found. it was late and i was feeling sappy for a moment, so sue me. and it's really not that hard to make girls like you cry.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Starrs In Denver said...

timothea,
1st thing- quit your crying baby-man. i just call it like i see it.

2nd thing- you still didn't answr the question: what is that quote? a poem, a poem, we know that, c'mon. what poem, who wrote it? do you use it to pick up chicks?
desi

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, who wrote the poem TJ? For serious.

1:12 PM  
Blogger kolorado said...

Get your butt permanently to Colorado...NOW.
I'm not going to "ask" you again.
j

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well yes Tim, the Thomas' are still alive and living in Cardiff. We have just been busy moving a lot and working and such. But we would love to hang out sometime. Oh and I definitely want copies of the pics. Thanks!!

Now I know you say you would fight to the death but my husband is quite a tough man and pretty intimidating. You might want to think twice before taking him on. :O)

Erin

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last part of that comment was meant for Desi.

4:34 PM  
Blogger kolorado said...

sweet jumping shot

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home