Friday, April 20, 2007

March Field

Last Saturday dad and I went to the March Field Museum to have a look at the planes. The last time we were there was about 15yrs ago so alot had changed. A very fun and educational way to spend a Saturday morning.







































Dad getting crazy...
















Here I am strafing Nazi infantry in my cargo plane. Those little buggers are tough to hit...









I got sick on the simulator. But I landed the plane safely and that's what really counts.

























Oh yes... that's a real SR-71 Blackbird.

Current/Recent Reads:
- I Corinthians
- Psalms
- "Flyboys" by James Bradley (about our WWII fighter pilots vs. the Japanese, great history, we owe those veterans alot)
- "Ghost Soldiers-The Forgotten Epic Story Of World War II's Most Dramatic Mission" by Hampton Sides (the story of the men from the Bataan Death March, their internment and their rescue by Army Rangers, really a good read, the movie the Great Raid is about the rescue)
- "The Avengers" by Rich Cohen (the story of Jewish partisans under Nazi occupation and how they chose to fight back rather
than face certain death)
- "The Passion of Jesus Christ" by John Piper (50 reasons why Jesus came to die)

Current Music:
I don't know why but I haven't really been listening to alot of music recently. I really enjoying the silence as I drive to work. If I have it on it's usually at home and usually electronic or worship. Oh! Today on iTunes I found Cloud2Ground which I really used to like but only had on cassette so of course I never listened to it because, I mean, who listens to a cassette anymore? So I bought it because I only buy from iTunes when I have a prepaid card and today I just happened to have a prepaid card because I found $34 dollars in change in my locker at work and used it at the Coinstar machine. It's great. I bought some other songs too including "Remind Me" from Royksopp which I like because it's on that Geico commercial when the caveman is in the airport on the moving sidewalk and he sees the billboard with his picture on it. I like that he has a badminton racket in his bag. That's so great. I also got some Rita Springer and Plankeye's greatest hits.

Current Film:
Not much of this either. I have some old John Wayne's that I'm casually drifting through. I usually will watch about 20min or so while I eat so it takes about a week to get through a movie. I like John Wayne. El Dorado is one of my favorites.
I also have the 1st season of 24 on DVD that I borrowed but haven't started yet. I hear it's great, I'm just not sure I want to get addicted at this point.

It is raining right now. I absolutely love the rain. I think I'll go outside now and enjoy it. Thanks.

Also, I found a website that has the written lyrics of almost every song I could think of. It's probably a good idea to know what the words are to songs stuck in my head. Here's the address (i don't know how to do links):
http://www.songmeanings.net/

3 Comments:

Blogger kolorado said...

i'm in the middle of flyboys, incredible book. keep the good read suggestions rockin, we read the same stuff.
j

7:37 PM  
Blogger Starrs In Denver said...

Cool Pics Tim.
Thanks for the info from South Dakota.
Here's how to do links: Copy the line below:
TEXT
fill in the website (www.website.com) between the quotation marks (take out the: http://URL) and fill in the words you want to be the link where TEXT is written. Does that make sense?
~Rose

10:40 PM  
Blogger Starrs In Denver said...

OK, so I just saw that the line I added became a link...I'll email you.
~Rose

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home